A&W @ Batam



Those were the days where mascots were my way of identifying the fastfood restaurant.

Ronald Mcdonalds and the jing gang and Mcdonalds.
The endearing old man/chicken mascot and KFC.
The cuddly bear at A&W.




The A&W outlets locally have opened and closed and opened and then closed again over the last 10 years, the last I heard of it was at Clementi, thereafter it totally disappeared.



A&W Root Beer float! Though the canned drinks are available, nothing beats the real thing in the fastfood joint.



Curly fries and fried chicken. On the salty side.



Waffles (22,000 Rupiah which translates to $3+)! What was significantly missing was maple syrup but I didn't request for any either. Warm fluffy waffles that were slightly salty with soft serve ice-cream. I relished it though it's not the best I've eaten. Quite a steal as compared to Gelare, $3 can only get you half the waffle on Tuesdays. Satisfied the waffle craving and perhaps that bit of the past I missed.

A&W
Batam Centre

Comments