Cream Puffs in Japan

Cream puffs galore in Japan...a country that seems to be quite in love with all things creamy. Cakes, puffs, icecream...credit to them for being such a dessert embracing nation!

 DSC_0964

The fragrance from any cream puff store is insane. It drove me insane just walking by it. Beard Papa's are not that hugely favoured over, judging by the number of stores that I stumbled upon.

DSC_0977

Vanilla bean custard with sweetened choux puff. Still loving the black specks. I mistakenly thought that we did not have it locally but we do!

DSC_0946

Hirota rivals Beard Papa's in Japan with more shops in fact.


DSC_0967

Cute paperbag.
DSC_0972

Dipped in white chocolate.
DSC_0980

Sorry case of cream puff. Choux puff was limp while custard was a tad watery and sweet.

I'm missing Tampopo's big time now, it was really one of those rare cases that we have them better in Singapore than Japan based on the two I attempted.

Comments