Group Therapy Cafe Revisited @ Duxton Hill

signage

Group Therapy Cafe always comes to mind everytime I need a good brunch, as much as there were a handful of other places I could have chosen to try..back to Group Therapy's! Not even an impending thunderstorm would have prevented me from going, anyway. Good Friday lunch crowd was brimming - so much so Weilin shrugged her shoulders when I walked in. They were not expecting such a turnout even in a rain, that somehow explains GT's charm. Rain or shine, it is a place worth going.


fresh coffee

The familiar sign!

open!

Eggs for brunch?

easter menu

I was there largely for the Easter delights, completely does not help that they have seasonal specials. Having them on my Facebook timeline is not helping especially when I get tempted by their shoutouts every now and then.

spot the bicycles

Spot the new additions, suits the decor to a T!

table

Always ready to tuck into GT's food.

pancakes upclose

Double stacked Jam Filled Pancakes ($15)
2 pancakes stuffed with berry jam, topped with fresh strawberry, mapled granola and drizzled with caramel sauce


Like Eggs Benny, pancakes have found their staple position in most brunch menus. This duo of pancakes were thicker than usual. With a consistency like Min Jiang Kueh, its density gets me seating on the fence whether or not I am sold.

strawberry pancakes

No doubt I do love food with a bite rather than fluffy soft, if this were not christianed 'pancakes', I would have fallen head over heels with it. Lovely idea of infusing strawberries into the batter and topped with fresh strawberries too. Adored the crunchy granola and caramel sauce.

big breakfast

Omelette with Swiss Mushrooms and Parmesan ($18)
Bratswurst sausage, hot cross buns

Hot cross buns had me at hello on facebook. This is GT's answer to a hearty breakfast - sausage, omelette, salad and buns. While the sausage was fried a tad dry, the salad with wafu sauce was getting all the brownie points for being an unassuming stunner. Omelette too, studded with mushrooms and ham proved itself worthy of praise.

hotcross buns

Hot cross buns smelt too good to refuse, armed with a crusty texture...this was decently good. Somehow I get confused with raisin buns and hot cross buns which essentially are cinnamon raisin buns. Do not get me wrong, these are good...yet it smells better than I would have expected it to taste. Omelette and salad takes the crown home here!

They have since doubled up on manpower since the last visit. Service is always so genuine and sincere which gets me going back time after time. Yet another visit that leaves me charmed - still. Honest food without the fanciful foam squirts or hard to pronounce names, GT...so very comfy!

Be back soonest I promise, I have got my eye set on the pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting!

First, second, third, forth I swear this is beyond enchantment. 

Group Therapy Cafe
Duxton Hill

Comments