Ember Revisited @ Keong Siak Road

Ember-ed. Forth visit, I need not explain more about this amorous obsession, yet I must. Not to the chef, unfortunately...I shall do away with the fussy descriptions since the companions and I picked mostly our usual favourites.

Let me try sum up this post with a series of love song titles, dedicated to my favouritest restaurant of all
time.

butter
 
You got me.

bread

Their heroic loaves of bread always bring much joy - crusty and pillowy within. Hero, I deem them.

softshell crab

Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab with Sweet Wasabi Aioli

You are the sunshine of my life.

roast pork

12 Hour Cooked Pork Belly with Savoy Cabbage, Apple Puree and Spiced Calvados Jus

The greatest love of all.


seabass

Seabass

Come away with me.



pannacotta

Coconut Panna Cotta with Gula Melaka, Waterchestnut

My Heart Will Go On.  

frozen nougat


Frozen nougat with seasonal berries, lychee sorbet

My first, my last, my everything.

The ones that were newly attempted;

yellowtail

Weekly Specials of Hamachi Capaccio

I term this love at first bite - yellowtail never quite tasted this way before. A really fresh yusheng with sprigs of green tossed in. Appropriate dashes of lime upped the zest factor a couple of notches.

escargot

Weekly Specials of Escargot

Deshelled escargots with grilled prawn on a blanket of cream sauce. Tasty much but the deshelled escargots did lose some of its bite.


fig cake

Fig Cake with Homemade Bailey's Icecream

Dense fig cake that was easy to like yet I am on the fence on loving it.  Loved the fresh figs though!


Portions have been clearly resized, from the previously chunk of pork belly to reduction of portions of frozen nougat from three to two - slightly shortchanged here. Still great comfort food, still a favourite.


camomile

Always wish their cookies were double the size!



Ember, always for a return.


Ember
Keong Siak Road

Comments

  1. hmm, weird they do not cut/slice the pork belly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Ember, always for a return.' - agreed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so you can have the joy of slicing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ glenn: cannot agree more! revisit sooooon. :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment