District 10 @ UE Square

I had a memorable steak dinner at District 10 before and was raring to return after the disappointing display by Les Bouchons. Steak frites is by no means a simple dish to pull off and steak alone is hard to master on its own. 

gunner

Gunner

For once, I opted for a mocktail over a cocktail and their version of Gunner is decent. Not too much variation from my idea of the best Gunner there is. I suppose with mocktails the skill of the bartender is not totally tested. 

wings

The batter coating the wings were addictive but a tad too salty. The dip ended up great for my fries. 

chunk

180grams of chargrilled chunky love. The meat was under marinated but that was fine for me. 

tenderloin

Lovely pink tenderloin. My main grouse was the over mushy grilled tomato, lukewarm fries and tired salad. At least the steak was more than decent!

apple crumble

Apple crumble was a sorry one – crumble was soggy with the apples and super milky vanilla icecream. Magnolia for sure.

Service is blotchy – getting the attention of one can be tedious as the meal draw on. Ketchup was served but only one saucer for an entire table. Hit and misses with food dishes, just make the right choices.

District 10
UE Square

Comments