Nam Nam @ Wheelock Place VS Raffles City

My fellow instagram followers know how huge a fan I am of Nam Nam and can be in the running for ambassador. Being the diehard I am, I had to pay the second outlet a visit just to pare things up and pick a personal favourite - not that it matters to anyone else! It could be a personal quirk but I tend to have favourites of franchises though logically they should all be and taste the same - QC, you know?

Here's the duel of Nam Nam at Wheelock (WL) versus Raffles City (RC). 

Service is less attentive than at Raffles City for a start, they are a lot more particular about the full table being present whilst the latter allows you in once tables are available. Likewise queues are more manageable than RC that tends to linger on for the entire dinner hour.

In all fairness, we had the same items in both outlets.

salad

White cabbage, chicken salad, fresh herbs, roasted peanuts $5.90

A different version with smaller portions and more shallots, the vegetables were less crunchy too with the over generosity of dressing. 

bahn mi

Meatball and Pork Pate Bahn Mi ($5.90)

Bread: WL's had a softer and crispier version than RC which is getting increasingly crunchy. To each its own, I would prefer something in between so then RC won for this since the gravy made the soft bahn mi too soft towards the last few bites.

Stuffings: WL's had just 4 meatballs versus 5 at RC (yes I count the meatballs with every visit and it does annoy me that the number of meatballs do vary). Soggy sandwich was what I ended up with too much sauce and mayo slapped on at WL. RC triumphs again with better execution of the humble bahn mi.

Beef Pho ($8.90)

Soup base: WL's on a sweet side, hints of authentic Vietnam as opposed to a localised version at RC. Personal favourite goes to RC since I'm not a fan of vietnamese pho.

potato cheese

Cheese and Potato Rolls ($2.90)

The latest addition at Nam Nam - not too different from their sweet potato roll as it was largely sweet. No comparison to make but just stick with their fried meat rolls.

While I managed to accumulate my chops, I will be back at RC for my regular fixes.

Comments