Cafe BLD @ Renaissance Johor Bahru

~Invited Session~

DSC_0188


We had dinner and breakfast at Cafe BLD,

DSC_0152

The restaurant can seat up to 200 and during the Ramadan period, diners were seated all the way out of the restaurant even.

Onward to the buffet spread!

DSC_0161

A very enticing seafood corner with prawns prettily assembled.

DSC_0163

Roasts on display, I find such a display terribly enticing.

DSC_0146

How about some local delights?

DSC_0147

Seeing is believing what goes into my dinner.

DSC_0148

Penang laksa alert! I was definitely saving space for my favourite laksa.

DSC_0150

The other types of noodle dishes available.

There are a ton of other dishes part of the buffet line and somehow I headed straight to the dessert line!

DSC_0155

Swissrolls with a piped floral design.

DSC_0157

Red velvet with an extra cupcake on top. Sugar die me.

DSC_0158

And a fruit meringue that I could not bear to slice a knife through.

DSC_0159

White Chocolate Fondue spotted, I think fondues are a tad old school but these always seem to be a hit amongst the children.

DSC_0160

And guess what - DIY candy floss!

Enough for the food tour, it was definitely time to tuck in despite eating up a storm earlier in the stay.

DSC_0112

Renaissance Sling

A pretty mocktail to kickstart the evening of gluttony. Cheers!

DSC_0110

I always head for the fresh oysters first, to load up on the priciest catch in the buffet. These go great with a squeeze of lemon.

DSC_0113

Assam Laksa to feed the memories of Penang, this was really quite a show stopper, I loved how I can add my own ingredients of fish and meat balls to this already power packed noodle dish. Save space for seconds!


DSC_0119

Quesadillas made from scratch and that delightful guacamole deserves a mention, excellently executed at a live station. Extra cheese for me, always. I say, queue early or risk having them sold out before the buffet ends.

DSC_0124

We were also given a showcase of their ala carte menu - here's a roast chicken and mash presented without any of the theatrics that some restaurants like to indulge in. The mantra being - why dress up a dish to the extent that you cannot tell at one look?

DSC_0172

I adored the tender chicken meat and super smooth mash and even took a living to this vegetable stack.

DSC_0125

Pandan Tiramisu that got me all excited about digging in.

DSC_0175

Foamy and light, this exudes an unmistakenable fragrance. Certainly not as soggy as the coffee based tiramisus, this is very child friendly.

DSC_0164 

Chef Mahady Abdullah and I!

Dinner was a complete sell out and I can understand why - I definitely ate more than I snapped and wished at some point I had a second stomach even. Breakfast returned with a greater vengeance, the spread was equally wide and so was the number of live stations.

DSC_0203


The noodle station returned with soup noodles and a variety of toppings.

DSC_0204

Baskets of dimsum for those craving for a yumcha session. Note that none of them contain pork.

DSC_0205

Sweets corner that always get my attention - yogurt, pastries, baked goods and a whole range of fruit.
DSC_0206

Freshly baked.
DSC_0207

The pancake and waffle station had to be one that was most popular.

DSC_0208

The range of toppings were a tad too many! I headed for the traditional kaya and peanut butter.

DSC_0209

Also equally popular was a live thosai and prata station. Great that the team decided to put out actual serving portions so diners can manage their appetite properly and hopefully not over order.

DSC_0210
Congee for those who seek more comforting options for breakfast.

DSC_0142


An egg a day keeps the doctor away.

DSC_0145

DSC_0146

A DIY Nasi Lemak platter complete with a lipsmacking sambal chilli. When in Malaysia, please give their chilli pastes and sambal sauces a try, they are worth the calories!

DSC_0150
I had my go at the dimsum items, too cute and morsel sized to ignore.

DSC_0148

Another of my DIY creations, an asian inspired pancake stack.

The great thing about their breakfast spread includes the numerous DIY stations that lets diners create a dish based on one's preferences. If you have club access, the spread at the latter would be lesser but at way more privacy. Otherwise, join in the crowds at Cafe BLD.

Dinner Buffet : RM 90 nett per adult (weekdays) and RM 102 nett per adult (weekends)
Breakfast Buffet : RM 49 nett per adult

Cafe BLD
Renaissance Johor Bahru

Comments

  1. Are there snow crab legs for dinner buffet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I don't remember seeing them at the buffet last year but if anything you can check with the restaurant directly :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Can I Check if you have to make reservation? and how to make? I googled but cannot find it anywhere. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi! sorry for the late reply...would suggest you call them at 60 7-381 3333 instead

      Delete

Post a Comment