The Lokal Revisited @ Keong Siak

DSC_2040

Since patronizing The Lokal, a new perspective on brunch was born. Their menu comprises of house cured meats and brunch options in man-portions, more meat than eggs and equally filling desserts. To say I have tried everything on the menu is not true, I always stick with the perennial favourites, I call it inertia.

The same dishes attempted this time round. I'm getting boring already, I sense. 

DSC_2042

Pork Sausage Burger ($25)

I enjoy their burgers because of the generosity of ingredients and pork burgers are a breath of fresh air from the usual beef suspects. It was unfortunate the first arrived not fully cooked and rare pink bits embedded within but the kitchen replaced it.

DSC_2048

Juicy, charred and a beautiful touch of grilled pineapples and melted cheese in the same burger. Thick fries and their homemade chilli sauce is always a call for a yummy meal.

DSC_2047

Their onion jam is a must order for me, handmade and oh-so-tasty.

DSC_2037

Warm Mackerel Salad ($18)

Warm salads are a rarity, more so when they are on point like this one - delicious, hearty and satisfying.

There is so much to like about The Lokal except the crowds. I suppose that is the issue when a cafe gets too popular and service does get hit a fair bit.

The Lokal 
136 Neil Road

Comments