Tamoya Udon @ Liang Court

~Invited Session~

DSC_0334


Udon know how understated the noodles are, until you've tried them. Pun intended. Tamoya Udon hails from Japan and is the brainchild of Tamotsu Kurokawa, a winner on the Japanese cooking show TV Champion.



DSC_0331


Done fast food style with counters and food gets served in a matter of minutes upon ordering.


DSC_0319


Orders are prepared almost immediately and I got to witness my udon order.


DSC_0321






DSC_0322


These fried appetizers were tempting enough to warrant a revisit just for them! I've got my eye on those giant crab meat sticks.


DSC_0329




DSC_0330


Their food guarantee.


DSC_0333


My surprise find includes this condiments corner that is clearly customized for our local palette.


DSC_0346


My obvious choices.


Their new menu additions will be launched on 14 November and this will appeal to diners who favour their noodles dry and strong flavoured!



DSC_0352


Oooh-mami Udon ($10.80)
XO Sauce, Dried Sakura Ebi, Spring Onions, Bonito Flakes


DSC_0377


Umami indeed with this incredibly fragrant number. I love how the xo sauce and sakura ebi had such a party of flavours. Not for the faint hearted indeed, this ranks tops for me in terms of flavor profile.


DSC_0384



I love how the colours are blended after tossing and mixing.


DSC_0386







DSC_0396


Triple Egg Udon ($9.80)
Tobiko, Mentaiko, Tamago, Butter



DSC_0401




Egg, glorious eggs. Spot the trio of mentaiko, flying fish roe and onsen egg.




DSC_0419


Sold on mentaiko, seriously I have not eaten anything bad with cod roe and it does not look like its luck will end its run anytime soon.





DSC_0348


Fried Onion Udon ($8.80)
Spring Onion Oil, Spring Onions, Onions, Shallots


DSC_0369






Somehow this reminds me of bak chor mee.




DSC_0371





Inspired by the Shanghainese 葱油, this udon dish has such generous lashes of the oil, it is an ultimate treat for 葱油 fans.





DSC_0423


Pesto Udon ($8.80)
Pesto, Minced Pork





DSC_0428
DSC_0438


My least favourite of the quad, somehow pesto does not marry well with the udon, somehow pesto goes better with pasta and salads.





DSC_0390


Prawn Tempura ($3, 2 pieces)




Tempura always gets me tempted and the crab sticks in particular were so delicious looking!



DSC_0445


Beef Sukiyaki Udon ($13.80)



DSC_0449


Rainy day solutions but this was a tad too sweet for me.


Their udon packs a bite and that makes it really addictive to continuously slurp till the oodle ends. While soup udon is typically better for rainy days, I actually like their dry version better.


Tamoya Udon


177 River Valley Road #01-32 Liang Court 1F

Comments